Pictures by Obedphotography
Hola loves, happy new month from Liberia.
Yes! Liberia, and it is beautiful. So it took us ten hours to get here and at least this time I was looking forward to the trip. Its my second time in Monrovia, I was here last month and wok duties demanded that I be back , so here I am:-).
Before I give in to the jet lag and get some rest, lets talk about finding the sun or as I call it, a silver lining in the middle of the storm.
So lately I ‘have been trying to see the good in whatever situation I find myself in. I know at times staying positive in whatever situation we are in, is the hardest thing to come by, but I have resorted to challenging myself and just finding a silver lining for such days which I thought I could share with you even as we are quickly approaching a new year :-).
- It could be worse. While your situation could be better, it could also be worse. If God didn’t intervene it could have been worse. So be grateful it wasn’t.
- Scream, and let it go. Just have a good scream. Let it all out, then let it go. Clear your body of all that anger so you can deal with the issue, rather than letting your emotions take over.
- Laughter is always the best medicine. It relieves tension, stress, and I guarantee it’ll make you feel a tiny bit better
- The bigger picture.When something goes wrong, nothing lines up anymore. It often puts us off our game, our lack focus, and everything falls out of sync. Take a step back and focus on the bigger picture. Don’t get wrapped up in the details, else you will go bananas.
- Hug it out. Sometimes, a good hug is all it takes to lift the world off your shoulders especially if it’s from someone we truly love or care about.
- Smile and be kind to yourself. Avoid binge eating and skipping meals, but don’t be afraid to treat yourself. If ice-cream makes you feel better, then do ice-cream. Don’t deny yourself of the little things that make you happy.
- Learn, and grow. Different situations are designed to test us and challenge our strength. You may not see it when you’re in the midst of the madness, but you will learn from the experience and come out stronger on the other side.
- Be open. When you’re trying to fix a problem, change becomes an inevitability. Embrace it, don’t fight it. Be open to new things, new ways, and new solutions, and good things will happen.
Last but not least
- Strive to find the silver lining. It might take some time to make an appearance, but hold on tight, trust God and hang in there – because I promise, theirs is always silver lining somewhere.
On a fashion note, I have always been a sucker for well done body cons and at times finding one with good fabric can be such a headache. I got this one from Vivo and I cannot wait to get more.Lately my love for green has been growing. I have a few pieces that I’m loving but the color of this dress has taken me to a whole new love with the green love. Guess the outfit tells more about the love:-).
Enjoy December :-*